Thursday, August 16, 2012

CAJUN


Last night I reunited with some friends from high school that I hadn't seen for almost a year. We went to Chasin' Tails, a new crawfish/cajun restaurant in Arlington, Virginia. It was great to see everyone again and be able to swap stories and gossip about our high school classmates. I love that we can pick up exactly where we left off a year ago - truly the mark of a great friendship.
As for the food, I wasn't quite willing to put in the effort to peel and eat each little crawfish, so I ended up splitting 2 pounds of shrimp and mussels with sweet potato fries, corn and potato sides with 2 other girls. The food came out in a plastic bag which was a pretty interesting way to be served. The sauce definitely made the dish though - we got garlic butter sauce on the mussels and the "whole shebang" on the shrimp. Both were pretty darn fantastic. And the desserts! We got a sampler of all the desserts and the chocolate banana bread pudding was to die for! Another favorite was the pecan pie, but I'm a sucker for pecan pie anyways. Overall, a very original and unique restaurant. I'll definitely be back during my next break.


Shirt: Forever 21..........$19.90
Skirt: Forever 21..........$  5.80
__________________________
                                   $25.70

39 comments:

  1. those shoes are so cute, where did you find them?

    Good call on the shrimp- I don tthink I could eat a crawfish!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such - ah - sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit!! You look stunning dear*
    See my blog and maybe we can follow each other, Chance to change

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ascot bow top! So adorable! and your skirt rust color is gorgeous. You look so vintage chic! Following you on bloglovin dear. Lets keep in touch!
    www.girllilikoi.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute, I love the color of your skirt, looks great on you!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi pretty girl,
    I looooove your sweet blouse and your awesome wedges!
    I just found your blog and it's great!
    Follow you right now. Hope you can follow me back :)
    xoxo
    http://2minutosblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't pull off a skirt like that anymore, but looks great on you.

    Thanks for following my blog!

    Fashion Koketi

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic style! stunning!!!



    xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment yesterday on my blog! I am your newest follower :)

    Diana
    www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute!' that is a weird way to be served, in a bag! I can't believe that outfit was $25!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Not sure if I would recommend going there on a first date - definitely pretty messy.

      Delete
  11. It's always nice to meet with new friends and Your outfit was really nice, I love it and those shoes, ouh la la!!!

    http://jessynyiri.blogspot.com
    P.S. I'm your new follower and can't wait to read more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute look! Loving your top and wedges!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for stopping by my page!
    would love to follow each other! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute ensemble Dear love the coach purse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the outfit! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog! newest follower!

    Amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pops of colour! following you my dear :)

    Jess XO

    http://mindbodyshop.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look gorgeous and love this whole concept of having outfits under $100. It would definitely be more challenging but provides more inspiration for your readers! =)

    Love from the NaNa girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope it does inspire some of my readers!

      Delete
  18. Thanks for following my blog! Just followed you back... and I love your theme of under $100!!! :) Looking forward to supporting each other!

    Love, S

    http://shamelesslyoverdressed.blogspot.com

    I'm hosting a giveaway at my blog!

    ReplyDelete